Shift Pattern: Rolling rota, to include weekdays, evenings & weekends
Weekly Hours: 20 – 30hrs per week
- All aspects of Centre operations during shift
- Instruction & reception-based tasks
- Maintaining the highest standards of health & safety, cleanliness and customer service
- Management of teams of instructors and reception staff during shift
- Customer satisfaction, including managing any issues which arise on shift
We are looking for an individual who have had previous experience managing a team of people and/or have an extensive understanding of the workings of an indoor climbing facility.
Experience and Qualifications
The successful applicant will be responsible for opening and closing the centre, as well as ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the facility. This will include keeping the centre clean and tidy, upholding all Climbing Centre Group health and safety policies, cashing up, managing staff, dealing with customers, and promoting a good atmosphere throughout the centre.
In addition, the successful applicant will be a self-motivated team leader who will ideally have the following attributes:
- Proven track record of team management or team-based work
- A comprehensive understanding of health and safety protocols within indoor climbing environments
- Experience in Climbing Instructing (Climbing Wall Award or Single Pitch Award desirable)
This role is to commence in April 2018, and shift patterns will include; weekdays, evenings and weekends. It offers competitive pay and generous benefits, with the opportunity to work for one of the largest climbing centre operators in the UK.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter, detailing why you would be suitable for the role, to Andrew Makison, Centre Coordinator (email@example.com) by 31st March 2018. Interviews will be arranged shortly after and conducted at Huddersfield Climbing Centre by the Centre Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator.