An opportunity has arisen to become part of our expanding team at the new Huddersfield Climbing Centre, located within the new £37m Huddersfield Leisure Centre development.
The main elements of the Duty Manager role will include supporting the Centre Co-Ordinator in the daily running of the centre with a focus on the following areas:
- Instructing climbing sessions to a diverse range of customers.
- Ensuring accurate records of casual climbers and instructed sessions are kept at all times.
- Duty Managers will be expected to maintain the highest Health & Safety standards and consistently strive toward best practice.
- Communicating training and marketing initiatives to the Centre’s instructor team. This will require ability in the practical delivery of initiatives; often requiring good IT skills.
- Understanding and sustaining the Climbing Centre Group brand values through the upkeep of defined standards within Huddersfield Climbing Centre. An attention to detail and understanding of modern leisure users’ expectations is an integral part of this area.
- Working with all members of the Huddersfield Climbing Centre team to sustain and develop a positive working environment for all. This will include understanding operational and staffing issues and working with the Centre Co-Ordinator to resolve any conflict.
- The successful candidate will take on the role of key-holder and duty manager as part of working within a rota system. They will take an active role in maintaining health and safety standards, high levels of customer service and contribute to a fun, vibrant and safe atmosphere for all our customers.
Successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- At least one year’s climbing experience
- Previous experience working with groups in the climbing environment; ideally experience with the NICAS scheme
- Previous responsibility for other employees
- Have flexible availability, including the ability to regularly work evenings and weekends.
- SPA or CWA desirable but not essential, as full training will be given to successful candidates.
- Good IT skills and confidence.
Working Hours – 40 hour working week including weekdays, evenings and weekends.
Salary dependent on experience.
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter, explaining how you meet the criteria to Rik Battye, Centre Co-ordinator – email@example.com, to arrive no later than 9am on Monday 31st of August.