Climbing Instructor Position
The Climbing Centre Group is established as one of the UK’s biggest climbing wall operators, running the Manchester, Harrogate, Reading and Huddersfield Climbing Centres. Our centres offer a safe, modern and engaging environment for climbers of all ages and abilities to enjoy and be supported in their climbing activities.We are looking to recruit motivated individuals with great communication skills to work as part of our established team Huddersfield.Our Climbing Centres pride themselves on creating an environment that’s safe, encouraging and inclusive. As such we are looking to bring in similar individuals who share our passion for safety, great customer service and climbing.In the role you will be required to instruct climbing sessions for adults and children and assist on reception. Full in-house training is provided.
- Instructing various climbing sessions for all ages and abilities, which will include adult courses for beginners and improvers, kids’ clubs, parties and other group sessions and programs.
- Delivering the National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme (NICAS).
- Dealing with customers in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Working on reception, taking bookings, phone calls and cash handling.
- Selling services and products offered.
- Flexible working – Including Evenings and Weekends.
Experience and Qualifications:
The successful applicant will need to be hard-working, self-motivated and have at least 2 years climbing experience.
The following skills are required:
- Great communication skills.
- Relevant industry experience.
- SPA or CWA preferred however in house training will be provided
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and a covering letter, detailing why you would be suitable for the role, to Andrew Makison, Centre Coordinator (email@example.com) by 31st April 2018. Interviews will be arranged shortly after and conducted at Huddersfield Climbing Centre by the Centre Coordinator, Assistant Coordinator and Senior Instructor.
This employment application will terminate: 30th April 2018
This role is to commence in May 2018, and shift patterns will include; weekdays, evenings and weekends. It offers competitive pay and generous benefits, with the opportunity to work for one of the largest climbing centre operators in the UK.